CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 6, 2011

Books for Character Education

I have said it before and I will say it again - I love to teach kids about character education! I find too often that students come to school without any understanding of what the word respect is. When asked to define it they typically just give me a shoulder shrug or roll their eyes. Don't you just love the eye roll? That's the "I know what it is, but don't want to admit it because I know I'm not doing it" look.

I am interested in your opinion on the best picture books to use to teach character education to kindergarten through third grade. If you know of great books that would fit this topic, you have or know of great teaching resources like lessons or units, please pass along the info.

I am working on my masters degree, spending too much time playing useless games on FB, and need to re-direct my focus back to education. I want to focus my love of literacy and character education into creating mini-lessons for other teachers.

Have any ideas? Please pass them along! Thanks everyone!

No comments: