CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Love when they "get it"

Today was my last day subbing for an ESOL teacher in an elementary school. I absolutely loved working with the kindergarteners. I've been with them for six weeks and we've been working on vocabulary and sight words.

I downloaded a Dolch sight word game from A Place to Share and the kids absolutely loved playing the "shark" game. They enjoyed sounding out the words shown on the fish and were sometimes more excited about getting a shark than a fish. If they got a shark it would "eat" their fish and they would lose all their fish. A couple students had difficulty sounding out some words at the beginning and they would always say the same wrong word. Now six weeks later when they got that card they would say, "remember when I used to say ____, now I know it's ___".

I loved seeing the excitement on their faces when they knew they could read the words correctly!!

1 comment:

Dana Baker said...

Thanks for linking back to my blog! I am so glad your students like the game!