CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, May 28, 2011

What She Said

I've been reading through some of the blogs I follow today and came across an amazing post from Sydney at Lessons Learned.

I am currently searching for a teaching job, but do work in an after school program and substitute. I firmly believe in teaching children how to be responsible and respectful. I teach mini character education lessons because I do not feel as though some students receive these lessons at home.

There is a teacher in a local school who requires her students to answer in complete sentences. The students greet each other by name every morning. They say please and thank you. I love subbing for her because all of her students are amazing!

Well, when I finally get my own classroom, I want to be just like her! I want to teach my students about being kind to each other. I can picture giving my students the same speech that Sydney gave her students. Please check out her post - It will move you!

2 comments:

LaNesha Tabb said...

Good luck finding a position!! =)

mrs tabb

Lessons Learned said...

Wow, thanks Colleen! I am honored. I am also right where you are, searching for a job again. I wish you the best of luck. You've got the right attitude though, and trust me the kids today absolutely need it. Thanks again!